5 Best Electric Chainsaw 2019 – What is the Best Chainsaw?
Many people only think of gas-powered chainsaws when they want to buy a new chainsaw. Unfortunately, some people don’t even know that electric chainsaws exist.
Electric chainsaws are the easiest, most appropriate and lightweight option for a lightweight home task. If you want to get the best electric chainsaws, then keep reading. Electric chainsaws have unique attributes and features that make it for anyone to use when compared with gas chainsaws.
What makes the best electric chainsaw?
The best electric chainsaw has several common features and qualities. One of the best features that make electric chainsaws the best option for most people is that its lightweight. Therefore, the best electric chainsaw has to be as light as possible, but it shouldn’t be too light that stability is compromised.
A lightweight electric chainsaw is easier to control and use. Those with mobility issues on the hands and shoulders can use these best models.
Electric chainsaws don’t use gasoline, therefore eliminating the hassles of mixing gas and oil or inhaling poisonous fumes produced. They are quiet when operating and its best suited to a neighborhood where houses are close together.
How to Find the Best Electric Chainsaws
The main features that you should consider when looking for an electric chainsaw include maintenance, safety, power, including accessories and support.
1. Performance – the best way to measure a chainsaw’s performance is by its cutting speed. The cutting speed is the measure of time takes by a chainsaw to cut through 10” square oak beam.
2. Ease of use – it should be easy to handle by anyone. A chainsaw that can easily start is preferred. It should also include the convenience of checking and adding lubricating oil.
3. Safety – the best chainsaws come with safety precautions that eliminate injuries resulting from kickbacks
4. Parts and maintenance – routine replacements, storage and cleaning of the chainsaw are crucial in keeping it operational. A chainsaw that offers chain replacement and adjustment option is preferred.
5. Cost – the cost of all the best alternatives in the market is crucial. Consider a chainsaw with essential features and a reasonable price.
Benefits that the product provides and its disadvantages
Electric chainsaws have several advantages and even though the advantages outweigh disadvantages, they have some cons. We should consider both sides of the coin.
1. Compact – it gives enough power for light to medium cutting tasks and duty trimming.
2. Quiet – electric chainsaws are quiet when compared to gas counterparts.
3. No maintenance required – no hassles of mixing oil and gas. No exhausts or fumes emitted by electric options.
4. Lightweight – they are easy to carry around as they are lightweight. They don’t have gas tank making them smaller, lighter and compact.
5. Affordable – they are relatively less expensive.
1. The extension cord – they come with cords that need to be managed all the time. However, with time you get used to it and it becomes easy.
2. Not suitable for heavy duty tasks – they are not designed for heavy duty tasks, but they perform most of the tasks at home.
Best Electric Chainsaws 2019