Best Portable Table Saw In 2020 – Which One Came Out The Winner?
If you're a professional woodworker, serious hobbyist, craftsman or DIY enthusiasts, sooner or later, you’ll need a portable table saw to execute your carpentry, woodcarving or other wood working projects. This tool will ease your work, make it look professional and also save you time.
Although there are overabundant available options of the table saw in the market, getting the best may be difficult and that’s why we are here for you. Below are the factors to consider before buying a portable table saw.
Factors to Consider when Choosing the Best Portable Saw
Before you go for your choice of the table saw, we strongly advise you to put into consideration, some factors. Factors like, portability, power, quality of tool, performance, working area, price, and many more are needed to consider first before opting for a purchase.
Irrespective of your budget, skills and fashion, if you stick with these parameters, you will not only acquire the necessary information needed to get the best tools, but also, you will be able to select the best among the available options which will help you to guide others that may need to buy these tools in future. Here is a video explaining what to look for when choosing the best portable table saw
Let's dive in.
When ready to buy your choice of table saw, among the first thing to consider is the portability of the tool. A light-weighted tool is easy to mobilize, hasten your work and even provide efficient results. Also, make sure you pick the one that is very stable.
This is because stability has direct impact on the accuracy of the wood to be cut. Although there are rumors that portable saws tend to be less stable compared to heavyweight counterparts, this is not true as stability depends on how firm the saw is affixed to the table.
All in all, if you intend to be moving your device to a different locations, go for the lightweight one while if you intend to work on a stationary basis, we advise you to go for the heavyweight saw.
2. Power Option:
To distance you from stress, you need a device with higher horsepower. The horsepower determines the strength of the entire machine in cutting. It also complements the efficiency and hastens the speed needed to complete your work. For heavier operations like cutting of thicker wood, greater horsepower is needed to execute this work while lighter cut requires lesser horsepower.
Since fingers are not equal, we have taken our precious time to research and craft affordable portable saw which will surely meet your budget. No matter how smaller your budget is, you will surely see your choice of saw in these guide.
However, don’t be deceived with pricing option has some people, however, believe that the more the price, the greater the machine works and vice-versa. No, this is not true has all our recommended portable table saws are affordable and perform wonderfully without compromising their features.
4. Working Area:
Talking about the features without mentioning the working area is incomplete. A reasonable portable saw should have an average of 275 square feet. This size of a garage will be able to accommodate an average wood to cut perfectly without any obstruction.
5. Ease to Assemble and Operate:
Whether you are a professional or a newbie, a good device should be easy to couple and use. This will, however, help you to save some bucks and time by preventing you from spending unnecessary money to assemble or request the service of an engineer to do the work for you.
Among the most important thing to look into is the durability. Though this may vary from brand to brand still, all the available brands in our guides are durable compared to other tools. Normally, a good machine should last you for longer years if proper precautions are abide with.
Because you want a perfect work done doesn't mean you should compromise your comfort. Generally, the comfort associated with a portable saw depends on its drive which may be of two types depending on the purpose.
- Direct drive: This is the safest and most widely used saw type. It is suitable for lighter works and also cheaper compared to belt drive type.If you are allergic to vibration and/or sound produced by machine during operation, this machine type is perfect for you. It produced lesser sound because the blade is connected directly to the motor leading to the direct transfer of all the motor power to the blade.
- Belt drive: On the other hand, if you prefer a heavy work to be done on your machine, please go for belt drive. The belt drive has a V-belt supported by a pulley system for the transfer of power. Although belt drive produces an effective cutting with lesser dust emission, its downside is, it his less safe compared to the direct drive type.
Safety Measures to Look into Before Buying a Portable Saw
Buying a satisfying portable saw without considering safety features is a loss. This is because individuals working with a machine is prone to injury no matter how perfect or careful the person is. Due to this, when going for your choice of the saw, don't forget to buy a device with some safety features which will be highlighted below.
Apart from the portable saws equipped safety materials, you can also protect yourself against any accident by using protective. Protective like a helmet which protects the head, pair of goggle which prevents eye injury, apron, hand glove, workshop shoe, etc. can also be used together to complement safety.
- Flesh sensor: Although this might add to your budget, still, you can't avoid this feature as working with the machine is very dangerous. Remember health is wealth, so a reasonable user should put these feature first in his mind.The flesh sensor works by stopping the blade immediately it senses contact with the blade thus reducing the severity of the injury to a minor cut.
- Magnetic switch: This is common in some saw. It aids safety simply by preventing the machine from starting automatically unless it is started by the operator or user.
- Left Blade Tilt: Recently, there have been various concerns of an injury known as a kickback. This is common to right blade tilt users. To overcome this, we advise you to buy a saw with left tilt has this has a reduced kickback (a condition associated with the throwback of wood to the cutter). Using this will however add to your safety measures when working with the portable saw.